Reading is Fun Workshop
Lynne Marshall and Tracey du Plessis
Teaching Grade R children pre-reading skills is a privilege and one which we take very seriously. Each lesson is very carefully planned to enhance and develop confidence and learning through discovery.
Each Reading is Fun workshop is divided into:
- Hand-eye co-ordination skills (creative task)
- Gross Motor co-ordination skills (ball skills, obstacle course, hopscotch etc)
- Visual and Auditory skills (hearing and recognizing each letter/sound)
- Visual and Auditory Perceptual skills (matching, spatial and discriminating)
- Manipulating letters (plastic letters with template)
The most important component is having fun while learning. When a child experiences fun in learning, their confidence increases and they want to read more and the more they read the better they become.