Introducing the sounds
When introducing the ‘g’, we talk about how similar the ‘g’ looks to a girl with long hair and that the ‘j’ has a dot and looks like a juggler. With this in mind, we played, manipulated and drew these sounds.
1. Picture Tray and Plastic letters – match the letter with the picture and place the letter in the wooden tray.
2. Posting – posting pictures into the letter box – ‘g’ or ‘j’
3. Lego – try and build a ‘g’ or ‘j’ letter with the lego
4. ipad – match the sounds
Find Motor Skills
There were three different tables:
1. Making a girl – with a cardboard circle for her face, wool for her hair and coloured card to make her eyes, nose and mouth.
2. Painting with sponge – painting the ‘j’ – juggler worksheet
3. Figure-ground worksheet – colouring in only one ‘g’ and one ‘j’ – the learner would colour in one letter and when colouring the next letter would only colour what remains of the second letter.